- 1990 - present:
Independent Project Management Consultant, Victoria and Toronto
- Prior Employment:
William M. Mercer limited, Consultant, Victoria and Toronto
Datapoint Canada Inc., Systems Engineer, Victoria
British Columbia Systems Corporation, Project Manager, Victoria
North-American Life Assurance Co., Manager Systems, Toronto
Sun Oil Company, Systems Analyst, Toronto
Veronika implemented technology infrastructures appropriate to the standards set at time of implementation, including mainframe environments, client-server configuratins, web architecture configurations, proprietary distributed systems (Datapoint), and DBMS environments associated with the technical infrastructure chosen for a given business solution (Oracle DBMS and SQL Server, VAX Rdb, IMS DB/DC, ArcInfo/ArcView). She is familiar with multiple products supporting data modeling, case tool development and overall project management planning, monitoring and control.
- ISP & ITCP (CIPS Canadian Information Processing Society, awarded Jan 2006 and 2009).
- PMP (PMI Organization, awarded Sep 2005, renewed 2009 and 2012).
- CCP (Institute for Certification of Computing Professionals, awarded Jan 1998, re-qualified to present).
- ITIL (Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management, awarded May 2004, upgraded April 2008).
- ongoing: Project Management, Program Management, Portfolio Management, Business Analysis, and Leadership Development courses and seminars.
- Systems Development Methodologies, CASE Tools, BPR Techniques, Data Modeling.
- Oracle, PeopleSoft, Datapoint product courses.
- GIS Concepts and Application Courses.
- University of Toronto (BCom Program).
- Ryerson Polytechnical Institute, Toronto (Business and Information Technology Management Diploma).
- Technical Institute for Commerce and Economics Diploma, Hannover, Germany
- Interpreter Diploma for English, French, German.
- Volunteer instructor for fencing at the YM/YWCA and the University of Victoria for over 25 years.
- Volunteer Instructor for PMP preparation courses (PMI - CEPS), 2011/12 and 2013/14.
- Served on board of directors and in various committees at the YM/YWCA for six years.
- Hiking and outdoor activities, competitive fencer in International Veterans Competitions